- Fix Tcp No delay option not being saved to registry.
- Fix Tcp No delay option not being greyed out when COM port enabled.
- Upgrade Inno Setup to v5.5.8.
- Fix deadlock when not using "Allow only 1st connection to Tx".
- Use VS2010.
- Use Crypto++ v5.6.3.
- Read from serial until no more bytes are remaining.
- Ensure RTS/CTS is honoured from TELNET Tx side.
- Fix window not being hidden on startup if minimize at startup &
minimize to tray specified.
- Stop window filling desktop if maximize at startup specified.
- Change tray "Maximize" to "Restore".
- Ensure any failures of COM creation will be seen by user.
- Fix Delete key properly this time for password entry.
- Fix problem where Accept could silently fail.
- Implemented support for client connections in socket library, but
it's not currently available to users due to GUI issues.
- Fixed saving of settings on logoff when minimized to tray.
- Ensure settings are saved on forced logoff/shutdown.
- Made changes to efficiently process at high data rates.
- Fixed bug whereby delete key would sometimes not work on password
- Fixed bug on multiple connections where password entry would fail
while characters were received on another socket.
- Added /SAFESEH to linker flags.
- Changed Web URL.
- Updated to latest Crypto++ library.
- Updated GUI.
- Show "all interfaces" instead of blank line.
- Fix Status bar text for "Minimize to tray" menu item.
- Fixed hang when using hot pluggable serial ports such as
USB-Serial adapters. If the adapter was removed while being enabled
then IP-Com would hang on program shutdown or disable.
- Buffer data when telnet client is blocked.
- Fix COM port transmit timeouts. Was sometimes timing out
transmitting characters with some hardware.
- Call to WaitCommEvent now adheres to Microsoft documentation.
- Removed extra loop when reading characters, as it wasn't needed.
- Increased COM receive buffer for very fast serial ports.
- Changed icon light colour.
- Fixed Double Left clicking on tray icon will bring main window
into view always if minimized.
- Improved efficiency of tray icon animation code.
- Improved disabled tray icon, now 256 colours.
- Remove tray icon animation race condition on shutdown, can cause
- Double Left clicking on tray icon will bring main window into view
always if minimized.
- Tray icon is now animated for Rx/Tx/Disabled. Top right light is
Tx of COM port to telnet client.
- Removed Win2k balloon for tray icon.
- Updated About dialog box version number.
- Added "Show log" to tray menu.
- Updated Help.
- Added tray icon, and option on File menu to control minimization.
- Made "minimize to tray" and "prevent system standby" the default.
- Changed email URL, when clicked, on about box.
- Discovered problem when discovering COM ports from registry.
Sometimes caused hidden exception on an unknown COM port due to
invalid return code check.
- Using the Application Compatibility Toolkit found that IP-Com
should be opening "\\\\.\\COMx" instead of "COMx".
- When using prevent system standby ability, check that the OS has
this functionality by using LoadLibrary rather than looking at OS
version. This enables the program to run on NT4 with Internet Explorer
- Fixed crash due to bug in strip linefeed code.
- Added buffer security check to release build.
- Fixed crash due to OnReceive() being called after port was closed.
- When 'Allow multiple connections' is disabled, now don't close
listening socket after a client connects.
- Settings are now saved if logging off or shutting down MS-Windows.
Please note that settings are only saved for a particular COM port
if that COM port is enabled. Default settings for COM ports can be
set in MS-Windows, using the Device Manager
- Port numbers now default to 1000 + COM number.
- Changed accelerator key to view log to CTRL+Q.
- Use latest Inno Setup.
- Increased security of hash by using random data.
- Added password facility. Password is stored encrypted using SHA.
Maximum password size is 32 characters. Timer on password entry
stops automated attacks.
- code is now UNICODE compatible.
- Fixed memory leak on exception, when running low on memory.
- Fixed about box text on email address.
- Added Help.
- Fixed possible problem with timeout timer for detection of telnet clients.
- MS Windows 95 no longer supported.
- Removed need for a thread per remote client. Now only one socket
- Fixed major buffer overrun bug when in telnet mode.
- Removed use of CAsyncSocket over multiple threads. The CAsyncSocket class is broken when used by more than one thread.
Now using a thread that is triggered to read the socket..
- Support Reception of 'Are You There' telnet commands; respond with "YES".
- Fixed logging of multiple telnet client disconnections.
- Optional support for telnet protocol from clients. Telnet protocol characters will be stripped before being sent to the COM port.
If not selected then IP->Com will operate in RAW mode.
- Allow IP->Com to inform telnet client whether equipment connected to the COM port will echo received characters.
- Support telnet 'are you there' command to detect crashed telnet
clients. Timeout set to 2 minutes of inactivity.
- Support for optionally stripping line feeds received from n/w client.
- Added current time to log items.
- Added horizontal scroll bar support to connection log dialog box.
- Enable keep alive on sockets. If client crashes, then after some time
(usually 2 hours), IP->Com will enable server socket again.
- Default address now blank, to signify all available i/f's.
- If listening on server socket fails, then delete socket etc. This can occur if an
i/f is disabled after a client has connected.
- Enable use of XP themes.
- Busy pointer when Enabling a connection.
- If no ip address is entered (left blank) then all local interfaces are bound.
- Fixed sharing of socket Rx buffer. Now using thread stack.
- Fixed race conditions when connected socket was disconnected.
- Added new "Prevent system standby" option under File
menu. Prevents the PC entering the standby state when this program
has connections enabled.
- Rx worker threads now set to
priority. GUI must be able to always interrupt comms.
- Finally got round to using CWinThread for connected socket. Should
give better latency than previous implementation.
- Fixed lockup problem when closing program with large data throuput.
- only allow first telnet client setting now the default.
- Rx worker threads now set to THREAD_PRIORITY_ABOVE_NORMAL
- Added option to allow only first telnet client to Transmit to COM
port. i.e. clients connecting after are read-only.
- Allow multiple telnet clients to connect, optional per COM port.
- Changed name to IP->Com. Should have done this a long time ago!
Should remove any old version before installing from now on due to
- Use latest Inno Setup v3.
- Use of resource table for all strings.
- Better tool-tips implementation.
- Better port number validation.
- Tooltips for buttons/controls added.
- Storage of persistent data improved.
- Changed the icon (about time too!).
- Some port number validation.
- Running under NT would give COM1-COM32, ignoring the registry, now
- Fixed possible memory leak, under low memory conditions.
- Still wasn't picking out ports on internal modem cards. Therefore
used regmon (Systems
Internals) to discover what registry keys hyperterminal queries.
Now decided that on WinNT and above IP->Comm will also read
key for ports. This should now behave in the same way as
Hyperterminal (or better).
- Registry key match relaxed even further! Now uses 'portname' key to
identify COM ports. I wish Microsoft could have made this easier.
- On Windows 2000 and above, serial port expansion cards would not
be detected due to different registry key to standard ports, search now relaxed (thanks to Johan
Wallin for reporting this).
- Wait cursor now implemented when pressing disable button.
- Added hyperlink in About box.
- Installer now uses Inno Setup.
- Added Status bar which show the last log entry and help for menu
- Now uses the registry, instead of .INI file to store
configuration, which means it now has per user settings.
- Fixed COM configuration bug, where if a bad configuration is selected,
the configuration is now discarded.
- Installer program now has incremented product code.
- Tidied up dialog box layout.
- Better failure messages.
- Connection log modeless dialog added.
- Added ability to save current configuration, and load last saved
configuration. Also added command-line option "/noauto" to
disable automatically loading last saved session.
- Disabled ESCAPE key closing the program.
- Fixed memory leak when repeatedly accepting a new connection.
- On Windows 2000 and above, now detects COM ports available.
- Each Socker Receiver has it's own thread to stop GUI lockup, when
handling large amounts of data.
- Can now enter host names into address box.
- Increased maximum number of COM ports to serve to 16.